It is that time of the year when all I want to do is bake warm yummy comfort foods. If I could do them with anybody it would be with my moms cousin Sage.
Every year I swoon over all the pictures of baked goods she makes. Apple Pies, pumpkin bread, cookies, cakes, you name it she seems to be enjoying them. In the future I hope to share many of her recipes.
My single serving healthy delicious Apple crisp
- 1 small organic apple pealed, sliced and tossed with 1/8 t lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 to 1 whole packet stevia in the raw
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free old fashion oats (you could also just do more almond meal if you are going Paleo)
- 1 Tablespoon Almond meal (or almond flour same thing)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter (yes you could replace it with melted coconut oil)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Truvia brown sugar
Mix in a bowl with a fork until crumbly and sprinkle on top of apple mix. Bake in 350*F oven for about 25 min or until apples are to the firmness you desire. Cool a bit and enjoy
This recipe is under 250 calories verses regular apple crisp is over 370 calories for the same size serving.
I would love visiting Apple Charley’s apple orchard every year. There is nothing better than picking your own apples to work up an appetite for this desert.